Total Pageviews

Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy to Help

So over the past few months I haven’t felt very useful to the world today. I have started to perform community service around the Kansas City area, just helping out with simple chores. I first started by helping sort food for the charity of Harvesters, which donates food to the homeless and other charities around the community. I feel everyone should experience these simple chores because you can really see how much people appreciate the food people waste on a daily basis. The next service I performed was cleaning the administration building of City Union Mission. This task took me about hours in which I helped clean the facilities in which several homeless people use every night. This was another great experience in which I started to appreciate everything I already have instead of always wanting more and more. I feel like these tasks were a great idea and I will continue to give back in the future. These experiences really help me learn to enjoy and be thank for what I have and that at any moment it could be all taken away. Finally it made me realize how others live these inadequate lives every day and I can make a difference just by giving them the things I waste the most. Before I left I donated clothes, food, and even signed up for more dates in which I plan to go back and interact with kids that are in these same situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment