Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Home, but yet Away.

Home, but yet Away.

Well since I only live about ten minutes away from campus I have been visiting home quite frequently, and every time I walk into my house I am anxious to see what has changed, but nothing has. Everything is the exact same it’s like coming home from a vacation to find your whole house calm and untouched. Everyone is doing the same stuff too, my friends are still talking about things, and of course my parents are still working. I am not real sure what I expect to change or what I’m hoping might change, I just want to get out of my comfort zone and experience some real change. For the past few months while I have lived on campus I haven’t found much change affect me, it’s like I was one of the only students that didn’t undergo the drastic change that most college students go through. This really makes me wonder would I even like the big change or should I just stick with what I got?
See when I’m at Jewell, I feel like the rest of the world stops and Jewell becomes a world of its own for college students. I guess that’s why I am so amazed to see nothing has changed back home. I mean sometimes is feels like my life before Jewell died in the sense that it was just past memory that has been forgotten. These memories I use to have and remorse for hours with friends, just died and everyone is off doing their own thing now. So in a sense I guess it’s time for me to move on, it just is weird being home but yet away at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment